Here’s a real winter warmer recipe from Brunton Park Q Guild butcher George Payne. It’s the Q Guild’s latest Product of the Month, courtesy of key partner Lucas Ingredients, and the dish is currently available as a kitchen-ready product in the Princes Road shop.
For every 1kg of made up sauce – available to buy from George Payne Butchers – you will require:
450g diced into approx. 20mm (¾”) cubes chicken
5g fresh chopped coriander (for garnish)
90g potato – peeled & diced into approx. 20mm (¾”) cubes (par-boil)
45g onion – chopped (par-boil)
Other vegetables or fruit can also be used if required – eg apple, peppers, mushrooms, sultanas.
1. Prepare the fresh additions
2. Hydrate the sauce using the recipe above
3. Add the chicken and vegetables to the sauce
• Oven cook. Cooking temperature 190ºC
• During cooking, stir the sauce a couple of times
• Cook until piping hot, or an even temperature of 72°C is reached
For more delicious recipe ideas visit www.qguild.co.uk